Feng Shui in a NutshellFebruary 27, 2018
How to Attract More Wealth with Feng ShuiMay 3, 2018
Welcome dear and thank you for visiting my blog!
As we move into spring in the northern hemisphere, the extra hours of sunlight, the warmth in the air and the new sprouts outside seem to be calling us to cleanse and renew.
The spring element is wood. This element invites us to grow tall, reach far and wide for our goals in order to ultimately embody our full potential. To do so, we must remember the importance of releasing the old and stagnant in our life. Just like weeds are removed and the earth refreshed with fertile soil and water before seeds are planted, we too are invited to remove anything that is blocking our way.
In the following section you’ll find a list of suggested items and steps to follow. Before we begin just keep something in mind: be gentle with yourself and the process.
Suggested items to have before you start:
- 5 boxes
- Cleaning supplies
- Bergamot and Lavender essential oil (and diffuser)
- Red clothing item or accessory
- Good mood!
- Fresh air
- Sage (smudge stick)
- Lighter or matches
Getting things moving:
- Label your boxes: Recycling / Donations / Garage Sale / Trash / Belongs in Another Room
- Make sure you’re in a good mood, otherwise starting a task like this might overwhelm you even more.
- Do it when you feel most productive – for most people this is in the mornings but it doesn’t have to be.
- Get your home ready by opening up all the windows to get some fresh air in.
- Red is the color of fire and it helps you get things done! Wear a red bracelet or shirt during the clearing. Old energy gets easily stuck to black so avoid wearing this color when spring cleaning.
- Having a diffuser with Bergamot and Lavender essential oils is an additional energy booster and helps clear the space energetically. It also uplifts your mood!
- Set a timer: 30 – 40 minutes. This might be a task you undertake over the course of a week. This is to avoid getting overwhelmed. However, after starting, you might be energized to keep going. It truly does feel great! In any case, I suggest you schedule some time every day (or once a week) and set the timer for 30 to 40 min. Go through as much as you can within this time and if you feel energized to keep going after the timer has gone off, go for it!
- Hit the timer and play some tunes!
- Line up your 5 boxes in the room you have chosen to start with (I suggest starting with your closet) and start classifying items according to the boxes.
- Clean as you go to save time.
- Once you’re done for the day (or with the whole space), light some sage and let the smoke move into the spaces you cleared. Because you’ve been moving the old, the new, and the all kinds of stuff, I recommend using Sage to help remove any energetic debris that might be lingering. This will give you a full and deep cleaning on all levels.
- Track your progress and mostly your feelings in your journal. As you release things you’ll start experiencing shifts in different aspects of your life. It’s great to write this down as a way of becoming aware of how the things in your home are interacting with you and maybe even influencing your life.
How to know what to get rid of in STEP 9?
- Things you do not use or love (for clothing and most things, a good rule of thumb is if you haven’t used it in the past year, it’s safe to let it go)
- Too much in a small space
- Anything unfinished
Happy Spring Cleaning!
Love & light,